Tuesday, January 25, 2011

It's all happening.

A while back I posted about my interest in Teach For America and how I was officially submitting my application. Well, on Wednesday I have an official, non-official interview chat with the TFA recruiter in my region.

Through my work as Vice President of a totally awesome honors co-ed fraternity (Don't laugh, it's not as geeky as it sounds. I promise), I've come to work with said recruiter putting on an event this quarter. Before I told her that I was actually applying for Teach For America, we sought out the help of my organization to help her flyer and spread the word about the final deadline to submit your application for TFA.

When I told her that I am applying, she was quick to suggest setting up a phone date to talk about the application process, how I was doing with it, etc. I'm super pumped to get an insiders perspective and advice on the whole endeavor, and hopefully I'll get some good tips on how ace the application and interviews (if I get that far!).

Or maybe she can just put in a good word for me. Maybe she can just hire me then and there. Can they do that? I really don't think they can but weirder things have happened, right? This girl I work with got an internship by serving some dude a cheeseburger at our local diner. No joke.

Keep your fingers crossed that I don't accidentally cuss at the nice recruitment lady. And that I remember to charge my phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment