Thursday, August 12, 2010

Why great minds think alike

I've been keeping a running list of blog titles and ideas on a Post-It note on my computer desktop so that I don't up and forget something. Yesterday, at the top of the list, I wrote: Why I want to Eat, Pray, Love.

That's why I was in complete and utter awe when I clicked over to Just A Titch as part of my daily morning blog fest and found this. Don't tell me that's not a little bit freaky.

This little coincidence made me think about how much we are all really connected. How much we share the same thoughts and ideas and feelings. How one thing can touch the lives of so many people.

I've always been inspired by other people's stories. Not just the stories that exist in the pages of a book, but the stories of real people living and learning and experiencing. As humans, we all share a common thread. We are all on a journey. A path that is never quite the same as someone elses' but similar in that we are all trying to figure out where our journey is taking us.

A lot of people complain that there isn't a truly original thought left. That something we think of has been thought and written and tried before. I've heard this depresses a lot of people. And while I understand that we all want to be original and unique and craft something so completely novel, I also kind of feel comfort in the fact that with all of the differences in the world that, at the core of our minds and thoughts we can be so much the same.

And I can't wait to both read and watch Eat, Pray, Love because I believe that by listening to the stories of others we can begin to make more sense of our own.

More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment