Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Why it would totally suck to be a vampire or maybe that's not what I'm trying to say at all

So today I was standing in front of the mirror in my bathroom brushing my teeth with my roommates toothpaste because hers works so much better than mine and I realized that it would totally suck to not be able to see your reflection. True story.

Don't get me wrong, it's not like I stand in front of the mirror all day staring at myself because I'm not that narcissistic and that would honestly get kinda boring after a while. But wouldn't it totally suck if you were trying to get ready for a night out of drunken debauchery and you couldn't see yourself in the mirror to put on mascara? And when you end up stabbing yourself in the eye with the mascara wand, how are you supposed to make sure that you didn't end up making yourself look like Taylor Momsen?

And then? I wondered why it was that I even care about my appearance so much as to not want to be a totally BA kick-ass vampire just because I wouldn't be able to see what I look like. And the truth? I kind of care what other people think of my appearance. And? I guess I take pride in how I look. Not vain-y as in "look at me I'm so pretty and everyone should think I'm pretty too" kind of way but as in a "I feel good about myself because I took the time to make myself look on the outside how I feel on the inside" kind of pride.

And then, I realized that I am tired of doing things that don't actually make me feel good about myself. Oh sure, I am still probably going to make stupid drunk mistakes and binge on pizza and wine while watching Trueblood. But passing up that girl that dropped the entire contents of her purse on the sidewalk? And not going on that run because it's so much easier to sit on the couch and complain that I don't have anything to do? Yep, I'm going to try and work on that.

Because we should all feel great about ourselves.

But you know what I wonder above all? How does Edward Cullen gets his hair so freaking disheveled slash perfect. Does Emmett do it for him? Awkward.

No comments:

Post a Comment